Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Clintwood ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member fieldjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2009
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Clintwood ???

    Congratulations to a good Kelly football team (team with a lot of heart). It blows my mind & is hard to understand how Clintwood dominated Powell Valley in every aspect, but P.V. ended up beating Kelly. Friday night Kelly looked head & shoulders above Powell valley, but I guess that's why they play the game.


    * Just like I have posted on here recently, Clinwood is in need of some type of changes. In my opinion only, Clintwood does not appear to be getting better from week to week. It seems they are just going through the motions. Maybe it is the conservative play calling, which seems to be extremly predictable. Before I get booed off the forum, I know you don't change your whole system in mid season, but the play calling is killing this team.
    1. Quaterback with speed (roll outs, options, spread, different formations???)
    2. Quaterback runs to coach everytime to get a play????
    3. Quaterback 95% over center (rarely in shotgun - WHY)
    4 Freshmen running back (stronger & more physical, desperately needs more playing time)
    5. 6'4" WR, 6'5" TE, Needs more touches.
    6. Fullback that could be TE, WR, or QB.
    7. 3 rbs : Could be used in multiple offensive sets. (Options: full house backfield.)
    8. Need multiple formations:to keep defense confused.
    9. Don't be predictable!! playcalling.
    10. RBS need to run north & south, quit trying to break the big run every play.


    I Guess this is why I am not a coach at this time. But I do see things differently. If Clintwood continues to play the way they are playing (flat), they will not finish the season the way they want it to be. Just my opinion.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clintwood ???

    CW was clicking on all cylinders when they rolled PV.

    Wise had 5 turnovers against PV, hard to win when you turn the ball over like that.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clintwood ???

    Guys last night's game is proof positive,my supreme argument as to why folks are crazy when they start that "comparative scoring" junk. There are way too many variables in football to accurately assess via this way. I gotta say that it does my heart good to hear folks on here finally acknowledge that we have a pretty good squad at JJK. We have as good a defense as anybody. If the offense comes around,Katie bar the door come playoff time.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clintwood ???

    From what I've read, CW played pretty bad and Kelly played **** good...and still lost. I don't get it, I don't see any team from the LPD winning state, let alone Kelly being the 3rd probably 4th from the LPD.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clintwood ???

    CW has a chance if they get in a groove
    the rest of the state is really down, like this area is, and where CW is Div. 1, if they are gonna win a state title, this may be their best bet.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clintwood ???

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    From what I've read, CW played pretty bad and Kelly played **** good...and still lost. I don't get it, I don't see any team from the LPD winning state, let alone Kelly being the 3rd probably 4th from the LPD.

    JJK had ALOT to do with CW looking bad,and vice-versa (can be said for both offenses). Both defenses were spot-on.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member joedirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2009
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clintwood ???

    It's gonna be hard to do this, but I AGREE with Unchained on this one. You can't do the "Team A scored this many against Team B therefore they should beat Team C argument." It doesn't work. Some teams match up better than others. Sometimes there is more or less at stake. Don't get caught up in that.

    As for Fieldjudge: That is the most ridiculous list of crap I have ever seen. Grow up. Rick Mullins is one of the best coaching minds around. Go back to Madden and Judge that!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member fieldjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2009
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clintwood ???

    You said it Joe Dirt! I could definitely go to Maden & have better play calling than Clintwood has had this year. I'm not saying coach Rick Mullins is a bad coach, I just believe that you have to change with the talent that you are given with each team. Clintwood has not ever had this much speed at QB. When you have talented players, their talent needs to be utilizied as much as possible. Evidently you haven't watched Clintwood football for the past 2 years. Their play calling is extremly predictable. To be a balanced football team, you need to be unpredictable. Your login name speaks your level of intelligence. There is no point in arguing, by the end of the season you will get my point. I hope that I am wrong, but if things don't change, Clintwood will not win big games with conservative football. You can't teach speed.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Clintwood ???

    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    It's gonna be hard to do this, but I AGREE with Unchained on this one. You can't do the "Team A scored this many against Team B therefore they should beat Team C argument." It doesn't work. Some teams match up better than others. Sometimes there is more or less at stake. Don't get caught up in that.

    As for Fieldjudge: That is the most ridiculous list of crap I have ever seen. Grow up. Rick Mullins is one of the best coaching minds around. Go back to Madden and Judge that!

    Don't strain yourself agreeing with me. I didn't request your accord. Many folks along with me say put no stock in comparative scoring. Last night was just an example.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •